JobsView all vacancies
3D ArtistsApply Now
We are looking for 3D Artists to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London (currently working remotely).
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What You’ll be doing
You will join our experienced Art team as a 3D generalist.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Modeling, texturing and generating materials for a range of different 3D Assets
- Exporting assets to UE and setting them up in-engine
- Ensuring assets are delivered in a timely fashion to both technical specifications and quality benchmarks
- Working with the rest of the Art Team to define, expand and maintain the art style & vision of the project
Required Experience and Skills
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Ability to combine imagination and technical ability to solve creative problems.
- Professional experience working on 3D PC or Console projects, including a shipped title
- Experience in at least two of these areas : Hard Surface Modeling, Environment Creation, VFX, Organic Modeling
- Enthusiasm for working in a team with Artists as well as across disciplines with Designers, Coders, Production and QA
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to share and receive feedback
- Some experience of optimising assets to meet technical requirements
- Experience of agile development would be beneficial
You should also have some experience with the following software:
- 3DS Max
- Substance Suite
- Understanding of Source Control (Git, SVN, P4 etc)
We’d love to hear from anyone who has the skills and experience the Art Team is looking for. When applying please provide access to a portfolio of professional and personal work. It would be ideal if this shows in-engine assets, details of pipeline, poly counts and textures.
As part of the interview process candidates will be required to complete an Art Test based on TerraTech (our flagship game). A Steam Key will be provided to facilitate this.
We’re an award-winning indie studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
The studio offers a range of benefits for all our employees:
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.
Senior Community ManagerPermanent London
3D ArtistsPermanent London
Junior 3D ArtistsPermanent London
Facilities CoordinatorPermanent London
Experienced QA TesterPermanent London
Junior QA TesterPermanent London
Senior Game DesignerPermanent London
Game ProgrammerPermanent London
Server Lead ProgrammerPermanent London
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV