JobsView all vacancies
Community Events and Facilities AssistantApply Now
Be part of and cultivate a friendly community dedicated to supporting game developers.
You’ll assist the Office Manager with the smooth running of the studio and be the coordinator for events within our co-working space.
Payload Studios is an independent game studio that has launched its very own co-working space for other game development teams. The space offers a program of weekly member events, hosts visitors from the global games industry and third party events ranging from diversity-themed to game jams.
Assisting the Office Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the studio. This will include:
- Helping to ensure the office is tidy and well stocked
- Assisting with purchasing and deliveries
- Dealing with external contractors
- Assisting with the management and maintenance schedule of general facilities
- Helping to complete fire drills and maintain the fire marshall system
The role will also involve assisting with events and the running the co-working space. This will include:
- Helping schedule business / social events for residents of the Tentacle Zone and the wider independent games community. The events will range in size and format (from small to 100+ guests).
- Assisting with managing room booking, catering and logistics for events
- Attending events from planning to completion including set up, pack down/clean up and lock up
- Some social media posting during events
- Helping to handle queries and requests from the Tentacle Zone residents and acting as front of house for visitors to the workspace – greeting and making key instructions
- This role has flexible working hours and some evening and weekend work will be required
- Great communication skills
- Polite, confident and friendly manner
- Strong IT skills
- Experience working in facilities and/or events
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Interest in and knowledge of the games industry
- Experience of working at events in the video games industry
- Good knowledge of GSuite (gmail, google docs, google sheets etc)
- Fire Warden and First Aid trained
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Health and Safety trained
- Flexible working hours
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Central London location (Farringdon) with food markets, parks and pubs/restaurants within a few minutes walk
- A relaxed and social atmosphere with regular studio wide social events and staff clubs
Don't see the role for you?
We’re always looking out for new talent - please send us your CV and let us know how you’d fit in with Payload.Submit CV