JobsView all vacancies
Events and Games Hub ManagerApply Now
We are looking for an Events and Games Hub Manager for the Tentacle Zone, our developer network and coworking space, based in Farringdon (Central London). The Tentacle Zone is operated by Payload Studios who are makers of the award-winning TerraTech game.
We are looking for someone who is detail-driven, organised and enthusiastic about helping start-up games studios thrive!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join the Tentacle Zone team who manage our events programme, co-working space and virtual incubator. The main responsibilities of this role will be to to deliver a regular programme of weekly virtual events programmes for both (including in-person events, when they resume).
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing and securing a diverse range of speakers for our events.
- Being the key point of contact for all Tentacle Zone residents and supporting the Programme Director with the incubator programme.
- Planning and running a variety of events including virtual and in person events (hosted in our events space when it’s safe to do so).
- Working closely with the Facilities team to ensure the workspace is well maintained and ready for use by residents.
- Writing engaging copy for newsletters and resident communications.
- Maintaining the Tentacle Zone social media presence and engage with the wider industry and community.
- Representing the Tentacle Zone at industry events.
- Fostering and building new relationships for the resident community.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience of running events in the games industry (planning, set-up and hosting).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with strong attention to detail.
- A passion for games and the game developer community, as well as a proactive networker at industry events.
- Proven ability to work successfully as a team, supporting a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Interest in creating a more inclusive and diverse games industry.
- Proactive attitude and ability to manage a busy workload.
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location, near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
About Payload Studios
We’re an award-winning independent studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
Payload Studios recently announced that Tencent, a leading internet and technology company, has invested a minority stake in Payload. This investment will support the growth of the team and development of future titles with Payload’s signature community-driven model.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
About The Tentacle Zone
The Tentacle Zone is at the heart of Payload Studios – both remotely and in-person. Initially conceived as a way for several small studios to split the costs of attending gaming events, it quickly evolved and has since supported 200 games through the stand.
The Tentacle Zone now includes a shared workspace in London for other game developers, talks and events. 2020 saw Tentacle Zone activities change to reflect working practices and game development during the global pandemic, with over 80 events being delivered online. We recently launched the Tentacle Zone Incubator, a virtual 4-month programme to support underrepresented founders at an early stage of their games studio.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.Apply Now
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV