JobsView all vacancies
Experienced QA TesterApply Now
We are looking for an experienced tester to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London, England. Our QA team test TerraTech, our sandbox adventure game where players design and build their own creations through a mix of crafting, combat and discovery. For this role we’re looking for candidates with proven QA experience.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working as part of our busy and dynamic QA team. The main responsibility of the team is to test TerraTech to ensure a high quality experience for our players. This process includes:
- Testing features, systems and test cases
- Identifying and reproducing issues from testing
- Accurately and concisely reporting issues
- Verifying fixed issues to determine their status
- Communicating and liaising with other teams (such as Code and Production) to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Helping to train and support junior members of the team
- At least 2 years previous experience working as a QA tester
- Experience testing in a dev environment, on PC, PS4 and Xbox
- Experience testing online PC games
- Excellent communication skills, including a high standard of written and verbal English
- Superb attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage a busy workload
- Comfortable collaborating and working as part of a team, but also confident working independently and taking on responsibility as required
About Payload Studios
We’re an award winning independent studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
Payload Studios recently announced that Tencent, a leading internet and technology company, has invested a minority stake in Payload. This investment will support the growth of our team and development of future titles with Payload’s signature community-driven model. We have a major announcement later this year about what’s coming next from Payload.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
The studio offers a range of benefit for all our employees:
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials including our well known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.Apply Now
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV