JobsView all vacancies
Facilities CoordinatorApply Now
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Coordinator to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London.
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our busy facilities team who look after our office spaces, spread across multiple floors and shared with our Tentacle Zone residents . This role would be ideal for someone looking to progress their career in Facilities/Operations within the games industry.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to work with the Facilities Manager and Ops team to maintain our workspaces, communal/social areas and meeting rooms. This includes making sure the spaces are safe, well equipped and ready to use at all times.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being the facilities point of contact and ensuring all reported issues are logged and resolved promptly
- Helping to manage the health and safety of our workspaces
- Managing services and scheduling preventative maintenance for our facilities
- Ensuring all areas are well stocked and ready to use, by managing stock levels and deliveries
- Working with the Ops team to manage the access and security of our buildings (including while we are working remotely)
- Assisting with the management of planned refurbishment works, helping to ensure works are completed on time and to budget. This will include liaising with contractors and suppliers.
- Contributing to the development of facilities and office policies and procedures, communicating these and ensuring they are followed
- Helping to plan and deliver fun events for our team and residents
- Optional involvement in the development of our games, such as providing feedback and taking part in playtesting
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a facilities/office focused role(s)
- Great communication skills (including face to face, on the phone and via email/messages)
- Excellent eye for detail
- Proven ability to work flexibility and manage a busy and changeable workload
- An interest in progressing your career in Facilities/Operations
We’re an award-winning independent studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (the Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
The studio offers a range of benefits for all our employees:
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials (always with non-alcoholic options available) including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely in addition to staff socials, we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
- We are, and always will be, a no crunch studio
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.Apply Now
Senior Community ManagerPermanent London
3D ArtistsPermanent London
Junior 3D ArtistsPermanent London
Facilities CoordinatorPermanent London
Experienced QA TesterPermanent London
Junior QA TesterPermanent London
Senior Game DesignerPermanent London
Game ProgrammerPermanent London
Server Lead ProgrammerPermanent London
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV