JobsView all vacancies
Talent Acquisition PartnerApply Now
We are looking for an Talent Acquisition Partner to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London, England.
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and we also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What You’ll be doing
As our Talent Acquisition Partner you will join our HR/Ops team working closely with our HR Manager, as well as the CEO and Hiring Managers. It’s an exciting time for Payload and you’ll play an important part in the studio’s growth by helping us to find and attract the very best talent for roles across the business.
- Sourcing, screening, interviewing, and assessing candidates suitability for a role. Managing communication with candidates, and providing feedback to all candidates to ensure a fantastic candidate experience
- Proactively developing, and building relationships with a talent pool to meet both current and future business needs and keeping records up to date using our ATS to keep track of potential candidates effectively.
- Building strong relationships within the company, especially with hiring managers and HR stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and company culture, you’ll be one of the faces of Payload, a company ambassador, continuously networking and attracting talent.
- Research, develop, and implement new and innovative ways to attract talent
- Work with the HR/Ops team on projects to continually evolve and improve the experience of all Payloaders
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure Payload’s commitment to inclusion and diversity is reflected in our hiring strategy and processes
- Contribute, and in some cases manage, a wide range of projects to assist recruitment including, improving candidate experience, developing the employer brand, and advertising strategies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experienced in full cycle recruitment, including sourcing for technical and/or creative roles (In-house or Agency)
- An enthusiasm for games and an understanding of the games industry
- Fantastic communication skills with an ability to adapt to working with multiple stakeholders across disciplines
- Strong organisational, and teamwork skills plus an ability to manage your own workload
- Experience engaging and attracting passive candidates
- Digitally savvy and up to date with social media, recruitment methodologies and tools and be able to use those tools to build a strong talent pipeline
- An interest in promoting inclusion and diversity within the games industry
Benefits and Perks
- We are, and always will be, a no crunch studio
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- Regular staff socials (always with non-alcoholic options available) including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
We’re an award-winning indie studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
Payload Studios recently announced that Tencent, a leading internet and technology company, has invested a minority stake in Payload. This investment will support the growth of our team and development of future titles with Payload’s signature community-driven model. We have a major announcement later this year about what’s coming next from Payload.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.Apply Now
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV