JobsView all vacancies
IT Support TechnicianApply Now
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join our busy and dynamic independent games studio based in Farringdon, London.
What you’ll be doing
The IT Support Technician will help the Studio run smoothly by looking after our IT needs. Responsibilities include:
- Taking care of all hardware (specifying, ordering, building, installing and maintaining) including workstations, servers, security and networking kit
- Designing, installing and maintaining network infrastructure
- Managing all software licenses and updates
- Maintaining Windows and Mac (ideally also Linux systems)
- Managing storage solutions (onsite and offsite backups) and implementing new ones where appropriate
- Maintain internal and offsite servers, including web services, forums etc
- System administration for internal network and systems including source control (git)
- Working as part of the Operations team to ensure the office is safe and welcoming for all staff and visitors. This includes monitoring and booking services/repairs for security systems, air con and electrics to ensure they are working correctly
- Responding in a prompt and efficient manner to any IT problems to ensure any issues are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the Office Manager to maintain and improve office facilities of the studio and our co-working space. This includes helping to plan and execute space planning and building refurbishment projects
- Experience of working as an IT Support Technician (ideally in the video games or tech industries)
- The ability to suggest and implement IT solutions that meet specifications and budget
- Confident working with Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Experience and competence working with G Suite, GCP, Active Directory and networking fundamentals
- Strong technical skills with the ability to confidently manage all of the responsibilities of the position
- Facilities experience would be beneficial
We’re an indie studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of our co-working space (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team and as well as the wider games community.
We offer a range of benefits including regular social events and staff clubs, a cycle to work scheme and fantastic central London location (with lots of food markets nearby).
Payload is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our staff. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This is a full time position. Salary negotiable depending on experience.Apply Now
Don't see the role for you?
We’re always looking out for new talent - please send us your CV and let us know how you’d fit in with Payload.Submit CV