JobsView all vacancies
QA ManagerApply Now
We are looking for a full time QA Manager who will be responsible for all QA testing functionality of TerraTech, our sandbox adventure game where players design and build their own creations through a mix of crafting, combat and discovery.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be leading the QA team to ensure TerraTech, and any future projects, meet the high standards expected. In this role you will define testing processes and support and mentor our small team of testers. Our QA team is a key part of our development process so you’ll also be working closely with our Code, Design, Art and Production teams.
Key responsibilities of the QA Manager include:
- Managing our QA team to provide testing requirements for all releases, including compliance testing for console versions
- Ensuring QA processes are robust and efficient
- Signing off on releases for production milestones
- Promoting personal development for our QA team members, via relevant support and mentoring
- Representing the QA team at meetings
- Formulating strategies to increase the efficiency of QA processes, as needed
- 4+ years experience as a QA tester
- Experience working as a manager/lead
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience testing in a dev environment, on PC, PS4, Xbox and Switch
- Experience testing multiplayer games and knowledge of networking
- High degree of flexibility and organisational skills
- Superb attention to detail
Payload Studios is an indie studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team and as well as the wider games community.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are all working remotely but we expect to return to the office later in the year.
We offer a range of benefits including regular social events and staff clubs, free fruit, a cycle to work scheme and fantastic central London location (with lots of food markets nearby). Our environment is relaxed and friendly and we care about our people, with an emphasis on work/life balance.
Payload is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our staff. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.
This is a full time position. Salary negotiable depending on experience.Apply Now
Don't see the role for you?
We’re always looking out for new talent - please send us your CV and let us know how you’d fit in with Payload.Submit CV