JobsView all vacancies
Senior Community ManagerApply Now
We are looking for a Senior Community Manager to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London, England.
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and we also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What You’ll be doing
You will head up our Community Management team, a key role in ensuring the continued success of our games.
You will be responsible for leading the Community Management for our games. This will include building and managing a team, creating a global community plan across all major social channels, engaging with our community and defining the studio’s voice and persona.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategy, planning and execution – In conjunction with the Publishing Director, you will create and define an actionable strategy for how best to grow and engage the community function at Payload Studios.
- Content Creation – Working closely with other teams and departments you will define and deliver the necessary content for all major social channels, platforms and beyond
- Player Support – Define the strategy for player communications and support functions
- Help to drive the acquisition of new players
- Provide learning and insights to the wider team by using data captured across multiple community channels and analysing community surveys
- Be the conduit between the studio and our community, creating and nurturing a supportive and positive environment
- Help to support, mentor and guide members of the team
Required Skills and Experience
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Demonstrable experience working with large player communities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – a clear, confident communicator, preferably with camera-facing experience
- Deep knowledge of key social platforms, an awareness of new trends and a desire to find the ‘next big thing’
- Experience creating in-game events and programs to engage players
- Experience of managing a team, or a senior Community Manager looking to step up to a defining lead role
- A portfolio of impactful social media/marketing campaigns
- Ability to work independently, setting your own agenda and planning towards agreed goals
We’re an award-winning indie studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of the co-working space we offer (The Tentacle Zone). Our office also has an event space and we run regular events for the Payload team as well as the wider games community.
Payload Studios recently announced that Tencent, a leading internet and technology company, has invested a minority stake in Payload. This investment will support the growth of our team and development of future titles with Payload’s signature community-driven model. We have a major announcement later this year about what’s coming next from Payload.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely but will be returning to the office once it is safe to do so (the safety of our Payloaders is our number one priority). Once we have returned to the office there will be the option to work from home on a part-time basis.
The studio offers a range of benefits for all our employees:
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
Inclusion and Diversity at Payload Studios
Payload is proud to have a hugely talented team and we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our staff. Our diversity initiative, Game On, encompasses all the steps we are taking to promote and support inclusion and diversity within our studio. We also run Game On events with the aim of accelerating positive change in the wider industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our teams.
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV