JobsView all vacancies
Senior Gameplay ProgrammerApply Now
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our independent games studio in Farringdon, Central London, England.
Payload Studios are makers of the award-winning TerraTech and we also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network.
What You’ll be doing
You will join our talented programming team who develop and maintain the codebase for TerraTech.
The main responsibilities of the role will be adding new features to TerraTech and delivering releases across a range of platforms as well as acting as a mentor to those more junior than yourself.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering new features in our TerraTech game
- Delivering upgrades across a range of console platforms
- Mentoring junior team members
- Working closely with all disciplines, to manage releases
- At least 5 years experience working as a programmer in the Games Industry
- A good working knowledge of Unity and C#
- The ability to organise work and operate independently
- Strong communication skills
- For cycling fans our Cycle to Work Scheme enables employees to save money and spread the cost of a new bike.
- To support our team’s wellbeing we offer an Eyecare scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support) and trained Mental Health First Aiders.
- We offer a generous family policy including 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 6 months fully paid maternity leave.
- Great central London office location near to several excellent food markets and lots of great pubs and restaurants. The office also comes equipped with free fruit and refreshments, an arcade machine and table football.
- We love to socialise and celebrate together and hold regular staff socials including our well-known Summer and Christmas parties. We also encourage staff to take part in lunchtime clubs such as Magic the Gathering, Book Club or Table Football.
- Since working remotely we’ve been hosting a regular mini quiz and coffee break clubs to help staff stay connected and social.
Don't see the role for you?
We're always interested to hear from talented people looking for a new challenge! Please send us your CV and let us know why you'd like to join the Payload team.Submit CV